Lag abuse ... ? What is it ... ?
It's abuse of " host " advantage. ( An user, who hosts the game, with ping greater than 270. )
How I can know who is host ... ?
In a " Solo match (1v1) " the biggest level is always hosting.
In " Team game (2v2, 3v3) " or " Small Free For All (FFA) ", usually the biggest level, or first player on the " Load List " from Team I is the host. Sometimes any of thoose aren't host, then probably hosting player is second one on the " Loading List " from Team I.
How to report it ... ?
You need the replay of a game, and at least 2 ScreenShots containing Your and Host's ping (Host's ping must be above 270 ) in different parts of the game.
In some cases "waiting for host" screenshots will be considered as valid. These are support proofs and may used while judging the case ( Depends of Moderator's decision. )
Then, attach those files in this section.
Ok, ... What should I write ?
Well, ... Here's an example ... :
( Thread name ... : Account name - Lag Abuser. )
- eXodus - Lag abuser.
Ok. I've made it. What happens now ... ?
Be patient, ... A " Hacks " Moderator will take care of it, decide if someone abused his host or not. ( Of course, other users may post their opinions. It's not forbidden. )
And, what are the punishments ... ?
- Clear case - User will be "noted". If he is reported another 2 times ( 3 reports total ), he will receive ladder ban.
- Not a clear case - User may be "noted" 3 times without getting account ladder banned. If he is reported 4th time, he will get ladder ban. ( Depends of Moderator's decision. )
- Clear case for users with more then 250 games - User can be "noted" 3 times, without getting ladder ban. When he is reported 4th time, he will have his account ladder banned.
Notes ... :
- Noted status for 'Lag abuse' expire after 6 months.
- You may NOT report " Custom Game ... " cases.
- To report a Lag Abuser, you need at least 2 " valid " ScreenShots.
- An user who needs to be noted for Lag abusing and has " different " " noted " status ( Not a " Note " for Lag abusing. - " Noted " status for DiscHack-ing, MapHack-ing or other different cases. ) won't be banned.
- In the thread's name , or the thread comment , abstain yourselves from swearing/insulting or any other childish behavior. We know you may be mad , but think twice before you type and press enter.
* Reporting sample: http://www.eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=75037
*** IMPORTANT ~ READ ***
Since we realised that many of you, when reporting someone are missing replays, we strongly recommend that you have 'AutoSave' option ON.
When you mark this option, after every game you will have replays stored in the following folder(standard):
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Replay\Autosave\Multiplayer
Replay name contains the date when game was played, so when you are searching for a replay, just check what date is in the replays name.