Thread: Blizzard's DotA intended to launch with HotS

Blizzard's DotA intended to launch with HotS

Joystiq.com reports that the Blizzard DotA project is still a work in progress, and that the developers are aiming to launch it around the time of Heart of the Swarm.

"We basically put it back up in the shop and did some massive overhauls to some things, which I'm not going to go into specific detail about," said Chris Sigaty, lead producer of Starcraft 2. "But yeah, we are working on Blizzard Dota, and we do intend to launch it at or around the time of Heart of the Swarm, but the official details will be online later."

The sequel to StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, has no release date, but as late as in March 2011, lead designer Dustin Browder believed the game had about one more year in development.

Blizzard announced their version of DotA back at BlizzCon 2010 and had already a playable demo. Whether the overhauled version resembles any of it, it remains clear that it will pick up the fanbase struggle with Riot Games's League of Legends, S2 Games' Heroes of Newerth and Valve's DotA sequel.

SC2Mapster - Blizzcon Blizzard DotA Talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDj-C...mbedded#at=303

Links

Joystiq.com - Source

its gonna big fail imo.
    Nasze motto pochodzi ze świętej księgi Kaczodarianusa Wielkiego MCDXXXV pt. "Filozofia i rozważania Kaczomirany", brzmi ono: 'Wtenczas rzekł, a że jego słowa były rozkazem a zęby ociekały dotą, tak się stało: Poświęcisz swe ciało, by złączyć się ze strzałą! I tak uczynił mędrzec KaCzA".

Blog Entries
    they are late.. 2 dota copies already out, valve's on the way... they should've done this 5 years ago..

Blog Entries
    well gl for them altho none of the w3 players will move to sc2

for some dota copy (unless they really suck on dota )

Safelist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B4rt0z0 View Post
    its gonna big fail imo.
    Nothing from blizzard is fail, trust me. Balance-wise especially.
    @cen: LoL is epic fail, the graphics are horrifying and the gameplay is stupid. HoN is imbalanced, nuff said.
    There are moments in your life when you appreciate yourself. That is pride. But there are other moments in your life when, besides yourself, people appreciate you. That is fame.

Quote Originally Posted by demon-storm View Post
    Agree, when it comes to theirs games and styles which they created.
    Dota is only one.. and is played by w3 players no one is going to switch to sc2.
    Nasze motto pochodzi ze świętej księgi Kaczodarianusa Wielkiego MCDXXXV pt. "Filozofia i rozważania Kaczomirany", brzmi ono: 'Wtenczas rzekł, a że jego słowa były rozkazem a zęby ociekały dotą, tak się stało: Poświęcisz swe ciało, by złączyć się ze strzałą! I tak uczynił mędrzec KaCzA".

The game can't be fail, they rather cancel projects than release bad games, and 'dota is only one' seriously, what is this, religion?

Starcraft 2 is pretty impressive in itself for those who like the type, and a dota map inside it is probably just what will make a lot of people leave w3 (and other bad copies of dota) to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by demon-storm View Post
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

It's not going to make any impact at all if they aren't changing the way Starcraft II custom game system works, which is pretty much retarded and dead atm. Better put, the whole Battle.net v2.0 needs a massive overhaul, since it is much, much worse than v1.0 ( aka WC3, SC1 ).

Doubt anything impressive is going to be made though, since Blizzard's oldest and best devs ( those who made history with WC3/SC1/Diablo/original WoW ) have all moved to the project Titan thingy, which seems it is going to be the best game around in 2014.

"The ladder of success is never crowded at the top."

Napoleon Hill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leemn View Post
    The game can't be fail, they rather cancel projects than release bad games, and 'dota is only one' seriously, what is this, religion?

Starcraft 2 is pretty impressive in itself for those who like the type, and a dota map inside it is probably just what will make a lot of people leave w3 (and other bad copies of dota) to try it out.
    lolol sc2 skillwise compared to w3 is nothing tbh (well yeah it needs much more micro and shit but w3 is still having much more things to improve at )

sad that w3 is basicly dead already even oldschool w3 veteran/patriots like grubby is now playing sc2