Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SMM Grand National DotA Championship

SMM Grand National DotA Championship

The greatest event of the year is BACK folks, this time right in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

The most expected event of the year is just days away guys, and it already promises great action. The Grand Final will be held in e@curve – Cathay Cineplex, one of the busiest shopping center in Damansara Petaling Jaya. The Grand Final will be held on the 3rd to 5th of December.

The prize pool is not disappointing either, making the teams around the world eager to show all that they got in order to win this event.

Grand Final Prizes
    Placing --- Prize

Champion: RM 50,000 (~11,000 Euro) + Trophy
    First Runner Up: RM 21,000 (~5,000 Euro) + Trophy
    Second Runner Up: RM 14,000 (~3,000 Euro) + Trophy
    Third Runner Up: RM 9,000 (~2,000 Euro)
    Fifth place: RM 3,000 (~700 Euro)
    Sixth place: RM 2,000 (~460 Euro)
    Seventh place: RM 1,500 (~350 Euro)
    Eighth place: RM 1,000 (~230 Euro)

The top 8 will also go home with some sponsored products along with their prize money. International teams that are interested in attending can register at their webpage found here. So will EHOME show that the WDC "thing" was just a mistake? Will Nv.cn go on killing spree winning this event also as they did with RGC and WDC? What Euro teams will participate? And Can they par with the raging Chinese teams eager to take the game up to the next level? OR the home teams such as AEON.MuFC and Nv.my will STANT STILL to defent their ground? All this and more epic games to come soon, From SMM !

Source:
    GosuGamers
    Last edited by Raptor7; 16th November 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Inactive player.

HAHA i bet EHome are training now like no lifers day and night to catch up with the new version and to show every1 what they can do LGD.sGty and Nv.my also. They have a lot to prove on this event... I just hope MushI stays with nv.my at SMM also, 'cause at the end of the year he retires

GOGO euro teams, but to be honest, only 2-3 teams from EU could win some games there, teams like: DTS, MYM, NWO and maybe, just maybe, Lost.eu. Lost.eu needs a lot of training to be able to par with the other teams attending to this event...

Anyway, i can't w8 for this event to start And HOPEFULLY they will release the replays right after the game is played. Btw last SMM they had waaaghTV and GGTV streams cool a? And replays were released within a day or two. xD

Inactive player.

Safelist Member
    Awards
    .............. where are the replays of wdc ?????????????????????????

this idiot chinese show them like movies at the chinese cinemas or sth? WTF IS WRONG WITH THEN FUCKING YELLOW PPL

that's just sad....i have to w8 for 1 hour so i can load a vod + it's chinese commented and bad quality....freaking fail...no replays = no win i guess.

Inactive player.

The first sad news is that MYM will not go to SMM, and probably no other European / American team

Since the costs of accomodation + flight tickets + food rise up to 8000-10000 US $ there is no reason to participate, since even if they will win the event they will barelly make up for the expenses... Thus it seems that the only remaining "hopes" to see some eu blood on this event stand in: NWO and DTS, which are hardly looking for sponsors atm.

Source:
    myMyM

Inactive player.

I doubt about Nwo and Dts aswell...

Actually i saw puppey playing with a new tag the past few days. It's razer.cGc.swy. Maybe razer is sponsoring them? and DTS still have the money they won at WDC, so they don't need that much, but from what i read v1lat is pissed 'cause SMM organization don't wanna help them find a hotel ( lol? how hard can it be to find one? ).

Inactive player.

DTS is for sure and if Lost will show up they will suck... Hope NWO will play and kick some asian ass !
    Originally Posted by Tbk.Goldy:
    Hidden Text click here to show

: “The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”

Only 1 week left for SMM to start..By now Nwo and Dts should have confirmed...

Tournament schedule and information are released, but nothing yet about the participating teams.

It will be like last year's format, at start there will be some knockoff stage for the 3rd-4th placed teams in the qualifiers, then a group stage and a play-off.

For more information about the times and format check out the source.

Source:
    GosuGamers

Inactive player.

Last year i was waiting for 2am, then games started ---> watch em all ---> go sleep at day ---> repeat it next evening.

Hope this year SMM will be as good as last one.
    "First in, last out."
    the Bridgeburners

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpr0 View Post
    i heard stories that the ancient indians attached tAy to a stick and walked around pointing him to floor and when he started screaming CREEPS CREEPS! they'd find a gold mine?
    I can't hug anyone. I'm a bad person like that.

Looks like the knock-out stage will be bo1..

HAHAHah tay, i did the same with this year WDC )

Woke up at 4am watch all games, then sleep during the day. Repeat this up till the end of WDC xD

This weekend i will be going home, :\ dunno if i can watch the games from over there, since my net over there is pretty crappy

Anyway, pretty sad no DTs nor NWO I wanna see Nv.my and CCM tho. I am pretty curious about their performances. Also Ehome will be ROCKING for sure, since they can't afford another disqualification!

Anyway, SMM always released the replays very fast, and i can see the reps if i can't watch live.

Inactive player.

SMM > WDC because you can watch games live on wtv instead of crap china shoutcasts. And thanks to wtv streams we can get replays fast.
    Even though I remember last year on SMM both wtv and gosugamers were overloaded and it was damn hard to enter em.
    Last edited by Tayschrenn; 29th November 2010 at 04:15 PM.
    "First in, last out."
    the Bridgeburners

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpr0 View Post
    i heard stories that the ancient indians attached tAy to a stick and walked around pointing him to floor and when he started screaming CREEPS CREEPS! they'd find a gold mine?
    I can't hug anyone. I'm a bad person like that.

)))))) same shit happened at ESWC, 43956348963 chinsese fans rushed to see the stream and it crashed because of the overpopulation xD Then they realised that this is a problem and they slip the streaming into more servers, live shoutcasts etc.

Inactive player.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast