PDA

View Full Version : PREPATCH FAIL????please help me i have been trying to figure this out for a week now.

Josh
26th January 2012, 08:26 PM
Everytime i try to follow the instructions and open the wc3 shortcut it says make sure the euroloader is in the wc3 instal directory??? how do you do this?

Or it says prepatch has failed..how can i fix that??i have tried to reinstall it several times but cannot work.
soooo confused my brain hurts.

the_qq
26th January 2012, 09:59 PM
Try run prepatch as Administrator.

Josh
26th January 2012, 10:22 PM
Now when i click on euroloader it says couldnt open game.dll. Any advice thier?

MusicDemon
26th January 2012, 10:26 PM
Make sure that Euroloader.exe and w3lh.dll are located in the Warcraft III folder.

Josh
26th January 2012, 10:28 PM
Ok nvm i fixed all that. so now when i click on euroloader and run as admin it opens wc3 but wont let me get online now?

Damn im sory guys, so when i try to open War3TFT_126a_English(1) it says prepatch fail..tried to reinstall it a bunch still wont work? so i think once i get that figured out ill be good to go. NE help??? once again sorry im not a computer wiz just tryin to figure it out :) thanks alot for all the help already too!

haha yea ill def take a key cen

MusicDemon
26th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Open notepad.exe
Write the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Path\\To\\Warcraft"
Note that the path is invalid! And that all \ characters must be double! (\\ instead of \)

Save the file and run it.

Then retry to patch.

Josh
26th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Ok so i went into the file found "prepatch" opened it up... pasted "

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III] "InstallPath"="C:\\Path\\To\\Warcraft"

got it all in thier it didnt work..so i deleted some of the stuff in it like prepatch fail and the line or two before that....and still wont work?

Mic_19
27th January 2012, 03:26 AM
try reinstall war3 and try to redownload patch maybe corrupted

Cen
27th January 2012, 04:57 AM
Ok so i went into the file found "prepatch" opened it up... pasted "

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III] "InstallPath"="C:\\Path\\To\\Warcraft"

got it all in thier it didnt work..so i deleted some of the stuff in it like prepatch fail and the line or two before that....and still wont work?

Open start->run->regedit->HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Blizzard Entertainment->Warcraft III

Make sure that InstallPath value is correct. If it's not, change it.

If InstallPath does not even exists, the right click on the right->Add new string value. Put path to your W3 as a value and anme it InstallPath

Josh
27th January 2012, 06:45 PM
Haha im sorry, my computer dont have run... help support default programs control panel blah blah...

MusicDemon
27th January 2012, 06:51 PM
For Windows Vista and up: Press the Windows button (AKA: Start) and directly write: regedit. This is equal to "run"

Josh
27th January 2012, 06:54 PM
Wow nice ok im gettin some where...what would i put in for data and name?
it says value not set...

MusicDemon
27th January 2012, 07:02 PM
Could you PLEASE read back? Please?

Josh
27th January 2012, 07:03 PM
C:\\Path\\To\\Warcraft" is that what i type in thier??? for the value?

hahahha sorry if im pissin you off bro. Im just so lost right now...but hey thanks for your help bud. ill figure it out somehow...

MusicDemon
27th January 2012, 07:12 PM
Note that the path is invalid! And that all \ characters must be double! (\\ instead of \)

Then retry to patch.
Please, try to think clear and logical.

Josh
27th January 2012, 07:16 PM
Yes i went through all of that. went to hkey current user then clicked software then blizzard e then w3 and made a new string called it installpath then for the value i put C:\\Path\\To\\Warcraf.....and still nothing works...

well it works just says i still need to put pre patch on game manually..thats all

MusicDemon
27th January 2012, 07:23 PM

Then retry to patch.
The path should point to the folder where your Warcraft III is located.
I suppose that English is not your native language. There I'll try to help you further as much as I can.

Josh
27th January 2012, 07:37 PM
damn idk what you are talking about.

MusicDemon
27th January 2012, 10:55 PM
... Ugh...

"C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III"

Understand it now?